Thursday, December 18, 2008

Put a ribbon in your hair???


Oh man. Just when I think women have a long way to go to achieving equality, I find something that reminds me how far we've come already! Courtesy of Jezebel (a blog I read voraciously) I found this AWESOME "Good Wife's Guide" from 1955. I'll have to ask hubby how I measure up, considering my culinary masterpiece is Kraft Mac&Cheese!
I particularly like the part about "Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it." And "Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours." Haha! Click on the image above for the full article.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer, or vacuum."

So, this is assuming I've been RUNNING one of the three? I'm pretty sure if I've been doing this housework, my man would want to catch me in action and maybe even take a picture for proof!

I am sooo glad to be a woman of the milennium, when husband and wife can do these things for EACH OTHER. :-)

I hope you're well! See you soon.

My favorite movie