Monday, March 12, 2007

The Art of Blogging

So... have decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. It's about time, I guess! Anyone know the rules for blogging? Are they as similarly contrived and outdated as the rules for dating (like at Bob Jones University in SC where you must ask for permission to kiss someone)? Are you supposed to be witty and funny a la Bridget Jones when you spill your guts into cyberspace?

Because it seems like there are a lot of blogs out there that I wouldn't really want to read. Ie, some guy I've never heard of writing about their coffee date with the girl from their office who has really big ... teeth. Or is the main purpose of blogging so that your friends around the world can have a peek into your everyday life? I suppose that could be part of it. I've also heard about people who blogged about their jobs or their bosses and got fired. So I will be refraining from mentioning any names or details about my work life. Besides, who wants to talk shop on their own time?

Speaking of Bob Jones University, it's kind of funny that the initials turn out to be BJU. Right. Mind in the gutter. But remember, this is a place where girls are expected to wear ankle-length skirts and pantyhose to class. Kind of ironic, you have to admit.

No comments:

My favorite movie